Top 10 Things to Consider When Buying a CUE Tractor
|January 17, 2019
The benefits of owning a CUE on acreage is endless. Given a good tractor with the right power, appropriate implements and the skill to operate them, you’ll be able to upkeep chores such as fencing, grading driveways, clearing debris and maintaining arena footing. These are tasks you would pay someone else to do or just simply let slide as they are beyond our physical capabilities.
Most acreage owners know that it requires extra equipment to get the job done. What most don’t know is how big of a tractor to get the job done. We are your best resource to ensure he or she gets the right machine and support for that machine.
Taking that new machinery plunge can be daunting, but when you come to UFC Farm Supply, your trusted Massey Ferguson dealer, you are more than halfway to finding an effective solution that will serve you well into the future. Still, for the best buying experience, advise the experts, first do a little homework. Having a list of applications in which the tractor will be used is the first step. With this information, we can guide the customer on both tractor and implement size needed.
- How much acreage will you work, and in what types of operations will you need a tractor? These can include yard and/or field mowing, garden tilling, material moving, haying, snow removal, grading, etc.
- What is the priority of the tasks in which you wish to engage? For instance, is road grading more important than field mowing? Determining priorities will help whittle down your initial implement purchase list. It will also help your dealer make recommendations on horsepower range, hydraulic capacity and lift capacity to suit your needs.
- What is your financial comfort zone? Or, perhaps, another way of looking at this question is to consider what you’re willing to pay per month.
- Do you anticipate needing the diverse functionality of a loader mounted to the front of your tractor? This will help determine whether you need 4-wheel drive and the hydraulic capacity you require.
- What is the smallest area through which you’ll need to navigate your tractor? You might not want to rebuild fences or move buildings to get a larger machine where it needs to go.
- Do you need an automatic-like transmission, or are you fine with clutching and shifting? The dealer will take this into consideration when making a recommendation.
- How important are heating and air conditioning? Cabs add expense, but also allow you to work harder and longer in any season, in more comfort.
- What’s the general reputation of the brand your other local dealers offer? Also, consider that warranty terms aren’t always an indication of quality. In other words, brands with a longer warranty may not offer the most reliable equipment.
- Who among your local dealers is known for the best service? Never underestimate the value of a great dealer nearby that offers a trusted equipment brand and can help solve a problem quickly … or reach you in the field to get you back up and running.
- Have you tested out the tractors you’re considering? Ride and decide. Make sure you sit in the seat or, better yet, take it for a drive to make sure the tractor fits you and your needs.
Your Local Massey Ferguson CUE Dealer
801 State Highway 284
Waconia, MN 55387