Tips for Drying Hydrangeas
Oct 09, 2019
|October 9, 2019
Waconia Garden Center Assistant Manager
How to Dry Hydrangreas
- Allow the bloom to dry slightly on the plant before picking – late summer to fall usually works best
- Cut stem 12 – 18 inches from base and remove leaves
- Place in a vase-like container without water to dry completely
- Bloom colors will differ depending on the type of hydrangea
- Natural dried color can be used or carefully and lightly spray paint the desired color
- Carefully apply hair spray to preserve the bloom
How to make a Dried Hydrangea Wreath
Supplies needed: Styrofoam wreath, wire u-pins, dried hydrangea blooms
- Immerse hydrangeas in warm water for 15 minutes for increased pliability and to prevent breakage.
- Attach hydrangeas to Styrofoam wreath with U pins.
- Let dry for 24 to 48 hours.
Posted: Oct 09, 2019